Along with Indiana Home Ownership comes certain homeowner Exterior maintenance tasks that should be done on a regular bases.
Taking care of maintenence as they come along will prolong the life of your home, help to keep disasters from happening and help to make a less stressful sell of your home in the future.
Regular Exterior maintenance helps to keep you the home owner from being stressed out all at once. Funds for known maintenance can be budgeted into your yearly budget. There can always be surprises but regular maintenance can definitely keep surprise home owner costs down.
So what are some of the Fall and Winter Tasks that should be on your list?
Below are some ideas to help you make your Fall and Winter Exterior Task lists.
1. Clean the gutters at least 2 times a year. If you have many trees surrounding your home then in the the Fall you may have to clean out several times before winter.
2. Fall is a good time to check to make sure your gutters are even and are draining properly and away from the foundation.
3. Romove your hoses and install winter covers over all out side water spigets.
4. Install your storm windows. Good time to take your damaged screens up to be repaired or replaced.
5. Inspect your roof and chimney for cracks or possible water intrusion, have your chimney inspected by a chimney sweep- better safe then sorry.
6. Inspect Exterior paint chipping and caulking. Water intrusion can do alot of damage and its less expensive to repair asap then to wait and let boards rot or cause mold to form behind the siding or boards. A little caulk and paint can go along way.
7. Clean out your Dryer Vent. It can become a fire hazard if it fills up and your dryer can't vent properly
8. Close all crawl space vents in the fall for winter. Always open in the spring
9. Bring out the Winter exterior tools and put away spring garden tools
10. Cover your Central Air conditioning with a cover
11. Buy your winter supplies such as Ice remover and keep in a handy area of your garage
12. Check for cracks in your driveway and walk way. Seal up before winter. moisture in cracks can freeze in the Winter and cause alot of damage to walk ways and your drive.
Love to hear other ideas that may not be on this exterior home maintenance list.
Exterior maintenance to your home is important and should be scheduled properly and timely.
Good Luck Happy Fall! The weather is beautiful and the leaves are falling in Beautiful Avon, Indiana
Shannon Thomas Real Estate Broker Avon Indiana
Selling Indy Metro, LLC
E-Signatures on Contracts For your Convenience!
Building Relationships Selling Homes!
Shannon M Thomas NAR Short Sales and Foreclosure Certification
Buyers and Sellers Benefit from REALTOR® Expertise in Distressed Sales
Cell: 317-681-4044 Preferred
web: Real Estate